Recognised teaching method
Our dance studio focus on teaching private dance instruction exclusively to adults and senior citizens, but we welcome a few exceptional teens. The benefits that you find in private lessons include:
- Receive personal attention from your dance instructor
- Break down complex dance steps
- The opportunity to clearly understand the execution of a dance pattern
- A particular dance figure will be demonstrated from different angles
- In private instruction you reduce the time that it takes to learn to dance
- The speed of learning accelerates because of direct assistance
- Great precision in learning leading and following skills
- Learn home exercises that applies only to you and your needs to improve in a particular dance style
- Attention to poise and style
- There is not an audience to make you feel nervous
- There is a program tailored only for you and the interests of your dance style(s)
- The student choose the most convenient time to take his private lessons
- Increase motivation to learn new dance figures
- An entertaining an truly inspiring way to learn to dance
- Learn to dance at your own pace
- Review lessons at will
- Best way to improve dance confidence
- A chance to dance with a professional dancer
- There is no dance partner required
- Provide new ideas for styling
- Train in the artistry and beauty of body expression
They complement greatly our Private Lessons. We focus on physical stamina, on body conditioning and muscle memory: dance aerobics
, advanced dance technique training
and theory-practice party sessions
The benefits that you find in group classes include:
- There is no dance partner required
- Brings efficiency when combined with private lessons
- The opportunity to try dances that were not in your dance program
- Learn about the social dance etiquette
- Opportunity to dance with other students with more or less experience
- Meet people and make new friends with those who have similar interests
- A group class is fun to look forward to every week
- A chance to practice basic technique and dance figures
- In a larger group people learn from each other
- A way to overcome shyness
- Couples may rediscovered each other once more
- Build muscle strength and increase fisical stamina through dance
- Improve balance and coordination
- Improve posture, agility and stamina through practice
- Trust and teamwork is empahsized
- Creativity is nurtured and flamed by creative movement
- Social skills improve through dance group participation
- During the parties the isntructor is always around to assist, observe and dance with all students no matter what level they are
Permanent Location. Students do not need to move from one location to another to enjoy dance lessons, because we teach all year round in the same location. The studio facility counts with mirrors, floating floors (to absorb the shock), sound equipment, speakers, piano and the most complete music library in ballroom dancing.
Positive Environment. Newcomers feel welcomed by the Felliews Dansestudio's former students, because they know how difficult is to start learning to dance.
Dance is for all. Dance enthusiasts of all ages with experience or without are members of our studio. One is never too old to learn to dance and we proudly welcome senior citizens to all our diverse classes!
Adult environment. We specialize in adults from ages 30 to 90 y.o., nonetheless, we have welcomed few teenagers who have true passion for dancing!
Couples' quality time. They find in dancing something they love to share with each other. Dancing can revive once again the fire that brought them together the first time. Nobody can miss it! The way you look at each other or smile or just sing along with the music.
Variety. We teach more than 25 dances: tango, waltz, quickstep, foxtrot, salsa, cha cha, rumba, milonga, argentine tango, swing, samba, paso doble, argentine waltz, viennese waltz, merengue, and so on.
Prestige. Our students learn dancing from the techniques of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (UK), The National Dance Council Association (USA) and the Exclusive Argentinean Latin Dancer International.
Pedagogic. As a professional ballroom dance studio we must find and understand the learning process that each student has in order to achieve a productive student-teacher relationship. We are dedicated and assume a great deal of love and pride in teaching others how to dance.
Memory. All our students start learning choreographed dance figures for the basic understanding of movement with the goal to unleash, later on, the creative spirit that inspires improvisation.
Physical Benefits. A person trains slim elongate muscles, coordination, balance, poise, and rhythm while dancing.
Continuity. We offer progressive dance training programs which means our students incorporate new dance skills to their repertoire in every level. Compare that with any educational level and you will have: student, bachelor, master and Ph. D .
Process. Dancing is an unending process to be discovered and rediscovered over and over in our lifetime.
Flexibility. We are available for teaching 7 days a week from 10.00 a.m. to 23.00 p.m.
Success. It starts with believing in oneself through hard work, serious commitment, positive attitude, sense of humor and love for dancing.
Privacy. Mostly we have one person or couple during our Private Lessons in the whole ballroom studio. NO PICTURES or VIDEO is allowed in class without exception and nobody is forced to perform in public unless they have chosen to do so (it includes group classes and parties).
Confidence. Some dances will be easier to learn than others. At the end of the class your smile is prove that you have accomplished one more step in the journey to become the kind of dancer you always wanted to be.
Customer service. We are totally devoted and try to always be available for all our students.